A solar power system converts sunlight from DC to AC electricity using solar photovoltaic panels. There are five different types of solar power systems that serve different needs.
- Off-grid solar power system
- On-grid solar power system
- Hybrid solar power system
- Commercial solar power system
- Ground-mounted solar power plants
Read on to learn about these options and choose the right system for you.
Off-Grid Solar Power System
If you lack an electric connection or a reliable grid, this system is ideal for you. The off-grid solar power plant system has a battery bank that is used to store DC electricity gathered by solar panels. An inverter will then convert DC to AC current, which allows you to tap into the power with your devices, appliances, and other electrical items.
On-Grid Solar Power System
If a reliable grid is accessible but your bills are high, then the on-grid solar power system is ideal for you. This type of solar power system gathers energy from your solar panels and pushes the energy back into the power grid for redistribution, allowing you to lower your electricity bill.
Hybrid Solar Power System
As the name implies, a hybrid solar power system combines characteristics of off-grid and on-grid power systems. While the system allows you to store electric power locally, off-grid, it also allows you to export the energy to the power grid.
Commercial Solar Power System
These systems are larger-scale on-grid solar photovoltaic systems that only generate power when there is a utility power grid available. A good option for businesses, commercial solar systems are connected to the main grid and can send excess generated power back to the main grid when there is an overproduction of power.
Ground-Mounted Solar Power System
If you have large, unshaded areas of land that aren’t being used, ground-mounted solar power systems can make that land work for you. These large photovoltaic systems can be installed and adjusted for maximum efficiency. They can also allow homes, businesses, schools, and other entities to preserve the integrity of their building’s design while taking advantage of solar energy.
Hire the Best Local Installer
Here are some things to consider or keep in mind while looking for a company that offers solar solutions.
- Hire an installer who is experienced in assessing the conditions of your surroundings before starting the installation job.
- Ensure they have the right tools and employees who can install the solar panels in the right direction and place to get maximum solar power during any time of the day.
- Make sure they are certified and licensed to carry out the job. In the end, ensure the solar panels come with a valid warranty so you can replace them if any manufacturing issue arises.
Remember, switching to solar doesn’t have to be complicated when you hire the right solar company. Whether you’re in Bakersfield, Fresno, or the Central Coast, Bland offers dedicated annual maintenance and repair services.